Founded in 2017, we are a private psychotherapy practice and certified Woman Minority Owned Business Enterprise that proudly provides specialized in person and telehealth mental health treatment and advocacy services to people of all ages and stages in life that are dually diagnosed with intellectual/developmental disabilities and mental health conditions in New York City and Westchester County. Though we specialize in collaborating with this community, we warmly welcome anyone in need of assistance and support.
We are looking for a Work from Home Therapist that desire to make a profound impact in our communities and the people we serve. Someone who is passionate about the work that they provide and the stellar support for all.
Position overview: The psychotherapist provides direct clinical psychotherapy services to individuals diagnosed with both Intellectual Disabilities and Mental Health conditions who may reside in the community or group home setting. In this role, the psychotherapist will assess, treat, and monitor mental health symptoms, provide crisis intervention and support, participate in case consultation, advocacy, information, and referral as needed to those experiencing mental health issues.
This is an independent contractor position located in Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx.
EXAMPLES OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate individual/group/couple/family psychotherapy sessions.
- Collaborate with identified patient(s) in treatment, executing a patient centered approach.
- Conduct clinical interventions that are consistent with patient’s diagnosis.
- Serve as a source of advocacy, information and referral for patient needs, light case management services as necessary.
- Consult with patient’s multidisciplinary team to determine appropriate clinical interventions.
- Offer crisis intervention services to patients in keeping with mental health emergency protocols.
- Participate in incident management as legally prescribed and required.
- Complete progress notes recording clinical activity in electronic health record within 24 hours of the date of the session in time frame set forth by Medicaid, Medicare, and all health insurances.
- Prepare treatment related letters or written reports as occasionally needed.
- Participate in individual and group supervision meetings with the Company.
- LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT; active NYSOP licensure and registration must be maintained at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An adaptable, creative, empathic, and receptive approach to psychotherapy.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and their supports.
- Familiarity with applicable services and resources.
- Capacity to perform responsibilities independently, superb organizational skills and a flexible schedule.
- Proof of annual mandated training (justice center incident management and mandated reporter).
- Must reside and licensed in the state of New York (required)
- Spanish speaking preferred
Position Type: Independent Contractor
Work Schedule: Full- Time/Make your own schedule
Compensation: $70-$75 per hour